A Delicious Salad to Add to Your Detox
- 2 heads broccoli (1 bunch), stems removed
- 1 head cauliflower, stems removed
- 2.5 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup currants
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 4-6 tbsp fresh lemon juice, to taste
- kosher salt, pepper to taste (1/4-1/2 tsp salt and lots of pepper)
- kelp granules or Herbamare (optional), to taste
- Pure maple syrup, to drizzle on before serving
- 1. In a food processor (or chop by hand) process the broccoli (no stems) until fine. Add into large bowl.
- 2. Now process the cauliflower (no stems) until fine and add into bowl. Do the same with the carrots.
- 3. Stir in the sunflower seeds, currants, raisins, and parsley. Add lemon juice and seasonings to taste.
- 4. Drizzle with maple syrup to taste.
World’s Healthiest Foods reports that cruciferous vegetables (such as broccoli, kale, cauliflower, cabbage, watercress, and mustard greens) are said to be detoxifying because they provide support for the immune system, inflammatory system, hormonal system, detoxification system, and antioxidant system (source). These vegetables contain a wide variety of vitamins and minerals as well as phytonutrients. For example, one such group of phytonutrients found in cruciferous vegetables are called glucosinolates. Glucosinolates are thought to have anti-cancer properties in a variety of research studies (source). World’s healthiest Foods also suggest consuming 3 servings of cruciferous vegetables each week for maximum benefit.
Latest posts by Noël Ehlers (see all)
- A Delicious Salad to Add to Your Detox - January 6, 2018
- Welcome to 2018! - January 1, 2018
- Get alkaline and remove acid with matcha green tea - November 18, 2017