- 2 heads broccoli (1 bunch), stems removed
- 1 head cauliflower, stems removed
- 2.5 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup currants
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 4-6 tbsp fresh lemon juice, to taste
- kosher salt, pepper to taste (1/4-1/2 tsp salt and lots of pepper)
- kelp granules or Herbamare (optional), to taste
- Pure maple syrup, to drizzle on before serving
- 1. In a food processor (or chop by hand) process the broccoli (no stems) until fine. Add into large bowl.
- 2. Now process the cauliflower (no stems) until fine and add into bowl. Do the same with the carrots.
- 3. Stir in the sunflower seeds, currants, raisins, and parsley. Add lemon juice and seasonings to taste.
- 4. Drizzle with maple syrup to taste.
World’s Healthiest Foods reports that cruciferous vegetables (such as broccoli, kale, cauliflower, cabbage, watercress, and mustard greens) are said to be detoxifying because they provide support for the immune system, inflammatory system, hormonal system, detoxification system, and antioxidant system (source). These vegetables contain a wide variety of vitamins and minerals as well as phytonutrients. For example, one such group of phytonutrients found in cruciferous vegetables are called glucosinolates. Glucosinolates are thought to have anti-cancer properties in a variety of research studies (source). World’s healthiest Foods also suggest consuming 3 servings of cruciferous vegetables each week for maximum benefit.
It turns out that the first day of 2018 falls on a Full Moon, and it just so happens that this moon symbolizes self-love.
It is a powerful energy…and under a full moon it is the best time to…
Let. Things. Go.
Full Moon Ritual
Here is what you need: paper, pen, matches, fire pit or fireplace (or something safe to burn paper within)
1. With paper and pen write down all that you no longer need…all that you want to let go of…
2. As you write this…visualize…imagine…letting all of these things go…have fun with it (and keep breathing throughout it)
3. Once you are finished with your list, either in front of your fireplace, fire pit, or over the sink in your kitchen (please be careful) burn the list until it completely turns to ash…watch what you want to release, burn away…and Let. It. Go.
Releasing with fire under the full moon is an extremely powerful activity…a ritual if you will.
Know that what you have wanted to let go has truly been released.
And so it is.
Beginning the New Year in this way is refreshing…uplifting…and freeing…it creates space for new energy…