Skipping meals crashes blood sugar, leaving you feeling lethargic and anxious. Here is a recipe for a well-balanced salad that includes optimal protein, healthy fats, antioxidants, and fiber. Optional superfood ingredients you may include in an anxiety-busting salad are raw sprouted lentil beans, raw dandelion greens, and hemp heart seeds, which are all excellent sources of gut-boosting, anxiety-lowering prebiotic fiber.
- 2 cups of fresh organic spinach
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 stalk of sliced raw broccoli
- 1/4 cup sliced or shredded carrots
- 1/2 a red beet, sliced or shredded
- (Optional) Cashew "cheese" crumbled
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, almond slivers or hemp hearts
- 2 chopped scallions
- 2 chopped radishes
- Salad Dressing
- In a Mason jar add ¼ cup of extra-virgin olive oil, 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon (about 2 lemons), 1 clove of garlic minced, and ½ teaspoon of mineral-rich Himalayan sea salt with cracked black pepper to taste. It’s easy to mix in the Mason jar and add just before eating the salad. If you have extra this dressing keeps well in fridge.
- Toss salad in large bowl with dressing and serve.