What is alkaline water?
Alkalinity and acidity is measured in pH scale, which is from 0-14 that measures the concentration of hydrogen ions in compounds from batteries to food. Neutral is measured at 7.0, while acids are below 7.0 and alkaline compounds (or bases) are greater than 7.0. Alkaline water is water that measures anywhere above a 7.0 on the pH scale.
Alkaline water has become all the rage–and it’s easy to understand why. Alkalized water can boost your metabolism, reduce acid in your bloodstream, and help your body absorb nutrients more quickly, among other benefits.
- 1/2 Cucumber
- 1-2 Lemons (2 if they’re small)
- Fresh mint leaves (about 10 leaves or so)
- Distilled or Filtered Water
- – Slice about 1/2 a cucumber, make sure to leave on the skin for added health benefits!
- -Next, cut 1-2 lemons into whole slices. If they’re small I’d suggest using 2 whole lemons, skin and all.
- Just slice it up and get it in there! Next, fill the pitcher full using either distilled or filtered water. I don’t really recommend using tap water as it has too much gunk in it and we’re really trying to detoxify here! Put your detox water into the refrigerator and chill overnight to let all of the goodness infuse your water.
- Once your water is fully immersed, drink away! I suggest drinking this over 1-2 days
Health Benefits Of These Ingredients:
-Lemon is an excellent and rich source of vitamin C, an essential nutrient that protects the body against immune system deficiencies.
-Warm lemon juice early in the morning helps flush out toxins built up and processed for removal during your sleep. If you stay dehydrated your body has no way of expelling these toxins and they can get stored in fat, to protect your vital organs. Help your body get them out by hydrating with lemon water!
-Mint is great for promoting digestion as well as soothing an upset tummy! It has also been known to help with morning sickness and motion related nausea.
-Cucumber is a great source of B vitamins, and will rehydrate and replenish daily vitamins while helping the body eliminate toxins. They can also be used to sooth skin irritations, fight cancer, relieve bad breath, aids in weight loss, promotes joint health, and aids in digestion!
There is no excuse to use bottled dressing when you can make this fresh easy miso-citrus dressing!
- 2 teaspoons miso paste
- 2 to 3 tablespoons citrus juice, from one lime or lemon, or half an orange
- Whisk the miso paste in a small bowl until smooth and creamy. Whisk in about half of the juice and taste. Add the rest if desired. Add more miso or juice as needed.
- White miso paste with orange juice
- Yellow miso paste with lemon juice
- Red miso paste with lime juice
Figs are rich in calcium and calcium is an excellent alternative for the therapeutic treatment of people who are allergic to dairy products.
Figs are rich in natural Benzaldehid as Phenol and Anti-Tumor Agent and Micro-organisms can kill pathogens, fungus and virus in the human body.
Fig fruit is rich in dietary fiber, which makes them very effective for weight loss program (Obesity).
The content of Potassium, Omega 3 and Omega 6 on fig fruit helps to maintain blood pressure and coronary heart attacks.
Dried figs are at the top of the dried fruit list for phenol antioxidant levels. Fruit antioxidants have demonstrated higher eye health benefits than vegetable antioxidants, including carrots, even offering protection against age related macular degeneration (ARMD), the leading cause of blindness.
Figs are alkaline producing, helping the body achieve and maintain that optimum 7.0-7.4 pH reading to lead a disease-free healthy life.
When applied to the skin, baked figs can cure inflammations like abscesses and ulcers.
Due to its high water content, mashed figs acts as an excellent skin cleanser and helps in preventing and curing acne.
Content of Calcium and Potassium in figs prevent bone thinning (osteoporosis), and helps to increase bone density.
Content of Tryptophan in figs, induces good sleep and helps get rid of sleep disorders such as insomnia.
During this time, figs have also been used to treat sexual weakness.
Figs are very high in iron, the mineral that helps create red blood cells and prevent anemia. Pregnant women are encouraged to keep their red blood cell levels high. So shove the pickles and chocolates aside and snack on dried figs if you’re expecting.
Figs leaves have healing properties. Decoction of fig leaves can help patients with diabetes reduces the amount of insulin intake.
They also contain omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids that help prevent coronary heart diseases. Figs have traditionally been used as an aphrodisiac.
Figs are a great source of dietary fibre and make you feel satiated. So, it’s a great option for those who want to lose weight. The fibre content is also excellent for the digestive system and helps relieve Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).