A creamy and delicious chocolate pudding in just 5 minutes made entirely with healthy ingredients. It’s also sugar free!
- 4 bananas
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa
- ½ avocado
- 10 dried dates soaked in warm water for 10 min.
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse a few times until the bananas and avocados are in small pieces. With a spatula, scrape the sides and then blend for 5 minutes, or until it is the consistency that you like. Check it out and if you feel you need it to be a little sweeter you can add a little maple syrup. ut it to the fridge for a few minutes to cool. The longer it cools the thicker it gets.
- To serve, top with whipped coconut cream, walnuts, almonds, fruit, etc.
Research has shown turmeric appears to outperform many pharmaceuticals in its effects against several chronic, debilitating diseases, and does so with virtually no adverse side effects. Adding turmeric to your diet is one of the best moves toward optimal health you can make. Turmeric root can be found in the herb or produce section of most grocery stores. You’ll find it is mildly aromatic and has scents of orange and ginger. Enjoy the benefits by adding to drinks, smoothies, curries and stews.
- 4 cups of cold filtered water
- 2 tablespoons of freshly grated turmeric root
- 4 tablespoons of 100% maple syrup, honey or Stevia if you are avoiding sugar
- Juice of 1 1/2 lemons
- Juice of 1 orange or blood orange
- Combine all ingredients into a small pitcher, stir and serve with a slice of lemon as a garnish.
- To serve as a warming tea, place ½ cup in a mug and top with boiling water.
Looking for something great to read? Eager to transform the health of your whole family? Then the Plantpower Way is your guide and inspiration!
“A transformative family lifestyle guide on the power of plant-based eating—with 120 recipes—from world-renowned vegan ultra-distance athlete Rich Roll and his chef wife Julie Piatt.”
Created by renowned vegan ultra-distance athlete and high-profile wellness advocate Rich Roll and his chef wife Julie Piatt, The Plantpower Way shares the joy and vibrant health they and their whole family have experienced living a plant-based lifestyle. Bursting with inspiration, practical guidance, and beautiful four-color photography, The Plantpower Way has more than 120 delicious, easy-to-prepare whole food recipes, including hearty breakfasts, lunches, and dinners, plus healthful and delicious smoothies and juices, and decadent desserts.
But beyond the plate, at its core, The Plantpower Way is a plant-centric lifestyle primer that finally provides the modern family with a highly accessible roadmap to long-term wellness and vibrant body, mind, and spirit health. The Plantpower Way is better than a diet: It’s a celebration of a delicious, simple, and sustainable lifestyle that will give families across the country a new perspective and path to living their best life.
You can find The Plantpower Way on Amazon as well as many local bookstores. Also check out Rich’s weekly podcast for incredible guests discussing cutting edge ideas in the topics of nutrition, endurance sports, and overall self improvement.